Cleaning finished – Insulation Time

Spent another hour or so clearing the garage and moving my patio table to use as a bench only to find once in place with a 8×4 ft sheet on I had no room to work around it so dragged it outside
I then started on the van and got in a good 5 hrs or so Managed to get 95 % of the insulation in and fixed the roof ply ready for the finished ply Not quite as easy as it sounds simply because where the felt had been stuck to the roof the “grab” from the glue would not grab so a little juggling took place -no problem on the non felt bits, worked as it should Any way self tapped the ply to the roof ready for sticking the finish boards at a later date –Its easier to self tap a ply board to the ribs ready to glue finish boards to it or you get bellys between the ribs
pics below

Started The Clean

I managed to sweep the van out one large wheelie bin full of crap and bits of particle board, also took out the small bulkhead all of 6 screws 20 mins later it was raining so I spent almost 4 hrs tidying the garage I can now make a bench from all the 3 x 2 and mdf out of the van that will make life easier for when I start Paul called for a coffee and pulled some wiring out from the crew cab bit o now I can start boarding roof and floor plus insulation before things start next weekend
terry
edit forgot to say Julie has covered one of the seats in a rather spectacular aqua green leather –she just has to cover the armrests then a picture will follow

New Transit Build – March 2014

It’s finally arrived today at around 4 pm
On the out side she in very good condition inside I’ll leave you to judge but let’s say she needs some work Just spent the last hour and a half taking all the crap out of the van and filling the wheel y bin -Tomorrow a good sweep out before the fun starts
A few pics -the carpeted board was fixed to the roof on the 2 x 1 lowering the height and the 3 x 2 fixed to the floor with a mixture of silicon and something like sikaflex -the silicon was a right pain to scrape off the metal floor the sikaflex stuck really well but simply cut through with a Sharpe paper scraper With out doubt the Sikaflex held the timber better
terry